Teacher Training Opportunities
For New And Experienced Instructors
200HR Foundational Vinyasa Yoga Teacher training
Join one of our experienced instructors, deepen your practice or advance your teaching skills and abilities. Thrive Yoga Teacher Training courses are suitable for anyone who wants to deepen their practice, advance or refine their teaching skills. We will be announcing our 2021/2022 teacher trainings soon.
This training is designed for those who are seeking a lifestyle that promotes self-study. Whether or not you want to become a yoga teacher, this training will help you uncover new depths and experience transformation on and off of your yoga mat.
Learn Intelligent Sequences & Unlock Your Intuitive Teaching Style. You will learn how to intelligently create empowering vinyasa sequences that are scientifically informed and philosophically infused. By the end of this training you will be able to confidently craft impactful movement patterns that are an authentic expression of your voice.
Understand what it means to be a part of a Conscious Community. We will spend 10 weekends in a sacred training circle; building relationships with fellow trainees who are walking a similar path. Furthermore, upon graduation, you will have countless tools to help you continually create conscious communities, whether that is in your personal life or as a yoga teacher.
Friday 4:00 – 9:00pm
Saturday 12:00 – 8:00pm
Sunday 12:00 – 6:00pm
Total payment: $3,450
Ask us about payment plans!
Training Topics & Details
The pace of living in America has increased exponentially and the expectations to be a productive citizen have become relentlessly demanding. In a modern day, there are fewer opportunities to unplug and tap into what make us extraordinarily human; creative and vibrant! This training will not only give you the tools to become an exceptional yoga teacher but will also help you shape your life in a way that fosters you living to your highest potential. Below is a list of the training topics that we will cover during our 10 weeks together.
- Yoga Lifestyle and Creating a Home Practice
- History of Yoga & Yoga Philosophy
- Anatomy, Phsyiology & Biomechanics as they pertain to yoga
- Yoga Asana (including over 80 poses and counterposes)
- How to teach Meditation & Breathwork/Pranayama
- The Art & Science of Sequencing
- The Basics of Yin Yoga
- The Basics of Restorative Yoga
- Teaching Methodologies such as effective cueing, demoing, class set up, understanding adjustments and the use of props
- How to teach Vinyasa, Hatha, Slow Flow, Gentle, and Vin-Yin Yoga Classes
- How to See & Support Your Students
- The Business of Yoga; understanding all of professional opportunities for yoga teachers
- How to build conscious communities
- Yoga Ethics
Trainees will also have the opportunity to:
- Teach at a Community Yoga Mala on June 19th, 2022
- Co-host public classes at Thrive Yoga Summit
- Experience a Private Sound Healing Session
- Participate in a Yoga Teacher Mentorship Program
Sample Training Schedule
- 12:00-1:15pm Asana Practice
- 1:15-1:30pm Break
- 1:30-2:00pm Reflection/Breakdown of Class
- 2:00-2:45pm Meditation & Breathwork Training
- 2:45-3:00pm Break
- 3:00-5:30pm Breakdown of Designated Asana Group including:
- Understanding Relevant Anatomy & Alignment
- Understanding Relevant Actions/Engagement
- Understanding Relevant Cues/Terms
- 5:30-6:30pm Practice Teaching & Teaching Methodologies
- 6:30-7:00pm Dinner Break
- 7:00pm – 8:00pm Yoga Philosophy & Closing
Save Your Spot With A $500.00 Deposit Or Choose To Pay In Full!
Meet Your Trainers
Mia’s mission is to create gathering spaces for others to share knowledge, express themselves, and be supported. Her yoga classes aim to reconnect people with their natural states of being to restore balance in their health, lifestyle, work, and relationships. She is the owner of Thrive Yoga Summit, a 500hr Registered Yoga Instructor, Certified Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher, Registered Restorative Yoga Instructor, and Certified Professional Life Coach. She specializes specifically in yoga for women’s health and cyclical living in her business Move Create Radiate.
Sarah Woodward - Training Assistant
Sarah discovered the magic of yoga while rehabilitating from a sports injury. She was inspired by the gentle strength-building and subtle philosophy offered in every class. Sarah completed her 200-hour YTT in 2017 and has been teaching, training, and practicing regularly since. Sarah leads creative flows that invite both adventurous poses and introspective moments, and that are welcome to seasoned yogis and beginners alike. Her personal philosophy is that every minute spent on your mat is a moment of freedom. When she isn’t laying in savasana, Sarah is studying to become an occupational therapist, skiing, or snuggling with her dog.